Favorite Authors

  • Carol O'Connell
  • Wilbur Smith
  • Tony Hillerman
  • Elizabeth Peters
  • C. S. Harris

Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Method 12

This adventure with Web 2.0 technologies has been a true learning experience for me. It has made me sit down and take the time to learn about numerous technologies that I have heard about and seen but never personally experienced first hand. The program has given me more confidence in dealing with the teenagers in my library who are so fluent in all things computer driven. I have even felt confident enough to share some of what I have learned with other teachers. In time with more exposure and experience I hope to continue to learn on my own and incorporate much of what I have learned about into my daily life in the library. If another discovery program of this nature is offered again in the future I will gladly sign up.
I especially like the "In Plain English" videos - they made perfect sense everytime - the took away all of the fear factor of learning something new. I will refer back to them I am sure. I hope the "A Dozen Ways to Two Step" page is available for a while. There are a multitude of sites, videos, and suggestions I want to visit again.
In my case, it is hard to say exactly what my most favorite thing about the discovery tour is.... I knew so little about so much. Each of the eleven steps/methods were important to me. I learned a great deal in each section of the course. Thank you for giving me this opportunity in the comfort of my own library and home. I have never experienced such a satisfying tutorial until now. Congratulations on your hard work - it was well worth your effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment