Favorite Authors

  • Carol O'Connell
  • Wilbur Smith
  • Tony Hillerman
  • Elizabeth Peters
  • C. S. Harris

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Beyond Method #6

http://www.gutenberg.org/files/1400/1400-h/1400-h.htm I found Project Gutenberg very easy to use. Students in our high school would have several reasons for using this service, especially for assigned classroom reading. Many of the books on the required reading lists for each grade level are in the collection, such as Frankenstein, Heart of Darkness, and War of the Worlds. Popular classics are there as well, such as books by Jane Austen. This service could be helpful to students if the books were not available in the library or they could not afford to buy them for class use. If they owned the appropriate devices, the books would be available to them just about anywhere. I think I would be capable of helping students put titles from Project Gutenberg on an eReader. I have spent a lot of time reading many of the articles concerning eBooks in libraries this evening and hope to read many more soon. All of the high schools in our district are meeting in the morning to discuss purchasing eBooks as a group for use by our students, if that is even possible through the vendor we are meeting with tomorrow. We have many questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment